October 19, 2008
Ouch!
I have decided that Moab is jinxed. The last time Marcus went dirt biking, his practice started on fire. This time he crashed his dirt bike after riding less than half a mile.
After crashing at 78.5 mph, his friend Jeff found Marcus about 50 feet away from his bike. Marcus couldn't remember what happened. Jeff realized something was wrong when Marcus kept repeating the same questions over and over again. He kept saying "What happened, did I crash?", "Was I going fast?", "My eye hurts", "Did you call Teggie?" and "Teggie is going to kill me". He called 911 and Marcus was taken to the hospital.
Marcus remembers very little from the whole day, including how the accident happened. He ended up having cuts, bruises and scrapes all over his body, a black eye, and a severe concussion. His short term memory was shot for about 24 hours but seems to be coming back.
It wasn't funny when it happened, but now that we know he is okay we can laugh about the situation. He has been wearing his Moab t-shirt that says "It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... Then it is hilarious".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes! I guess it could have been worse...but YIKES! So glad he's okay! How are you???
ReplyDelete